KX Array™ Technology
Surface Plasmon Resonance Imaging (SPRi) is a well-established leading technology for measuring binding association (ka) and dissociation rates (kd), affinities (KD), and concentrations for biomolecular interactions such as antibody-antigen, protein-protein, DNA-DNA, and small molecule-protein. By combining these analytical advantages with microarray assay formats, Plexera® LLC created KX Array Technology to enable multiplexed label-free, kinetic analysis of several thousand biomolecular interactions in a single experiment.
Kinetic characterization by SPRi and other methods is already an important step for drug researchers selecting and characterizing novel therapeutics as well as for life scientists investigating specific biological binding events. KX Array Technology not only promises to substantially improve the throughput for these applications, they also offer significant advantages over current protein array technologies that require additional labeling and provide only qualitative end-point data. By monitoring reactions in real-time, KX Array Technology enables multiplexed quantitative analysis of absolute and relative specificities, affinities, and concentrations without potential data bias introduced by label-based detection methods. Now proteomic researchers learn not only what is binding, but how well, how much, and for how long.
- Label-free – No costly labeling reagents that can bias results
- Multiplex – Thousands of interactions can be studied simultaneously
- Quantitative – Comparative profiling based on kinetics, specificity, affinity and concentration
- Biologic or small molecular based drug screening and characterization
- Antibody and biomarker discovery
- Interaction mapping of complex biological networks
- Epitope and binding domain mapping
- Biomarker panel profiling for clinical research and diagnostics
Learn more about how KX Array work.